Yes, we can compare apples to oranges here, because really, the chances of McCain's running mate becoming the President due to his untimely death is higher than normal.
This has been sent out as an email for the last week, and it's believed that this might be the original source, but I wanted to add some links -from a large variety of sources- so this doesn't just become some liberal passing around made up facts to make the republican party look bad...(note the color changes mean you can hover and click to follow a link)
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
- Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers? You're a quintessential American story
- If you grew up in Hawaii and are raised by your grandparents, you are "exotic, different."
- Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
- If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
- Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
- Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible
- If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
If you're husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
- If your total resume is: local weather forecaster; 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people; 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people; then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive and next in line behind a man in his eighth decade.
- If you spend 3 years as an effective community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
Politics suck (as do all the colors on this posting!!)-everyone just wants to make each other look bad. I believe all the candidates running for office right now are probably good-intentioned people who feel they could do the best job, but based on:
One man is near the average age of death for most American males.
His running mate is a woman who has proven that she is just *really* not qualified.
One man may not have the years of certain experience that some feel he needs, but he has experience in a vast variety of "things" and he is quick, he is witty, he is smart and he knows how to handle himself in social situations.
His running mate is a well-liked (judging by the lack of negative news media about him), experienced, seemingly-level-headed guy.
....I suppose it's time I come out of the closet....
Please make the right choice. Our country depends on it.